The first months of a puppy’s life are critical to ensuring they grow up strong and healthy…
Puppies need both a high-quality diet of nutritional puppy food alongside the right amount of exercise to help their bones and muscles develop properly.
What and how much you feed your puppy, especially in their first months, is crucial for establishing a healthy diet and laying the foundations for their physical development. Scroll down to find the Acana’s range of premium food for puppies.
What is the best diet for a puppy?
What puppies eat has a direct impact on their overall health, so knowing what to feed your puppy is key to getting their overall health off to a great start. Dogs are built to eat a diet packed full of fresh and nourishing meat with a limited amount of fruit and vegetables for fibre.
ACANA dog foods, made from only the highest quality meats, fruits and vegetables, are designed to mirror your puppy’s ancestors natural diet.
What should owners look for in a dry puppy food?
When choosing what to feed a puppy, it’s worth considering the following nutritional factors:
- Does it contain at least 50% meat to give them enough animal protein and fat to help them build and maintain strong bones and muscles?
- Does it include a good amount of fresh meat, that is preserved by refrigeration only, without artificial preservatives to lock in their natural goodness?
- Is the meat in whole prey portions, providing a nourishing balance of meat, organs and cartilage to mirror the natural diet of a dog?
- Does it include a variety of meats from different animals?
All of ACANA puppy foods are loaded with 70% free-run poultry, fish and whole cage-free eggs, as well as vegetables, fruits and botanicals that help your puppy grow strong.
The food that puppies eat is crucial to their development, ACANA dry puppy foods have the second-highest Nutritional Rating at 95% of the dry pet foods listed on independent dog food review site AllAboutDogFood.co.uk.
How do I introduce my puppy to ACANA?
When a puppy is welcomed into their new home, you will want to offer them the best food. A change of diet can be stressful which can lead to upset digestion, so it is a good idea to allow your puppy a few days to settle into the home before gradually introducing a new diet.
Start by mixing 25% ACANA dog food with 75% of the old dry dog food. Slowly change the proportions over the next five to seven days by gradually increasing the amount of ACANA and decreasing the amount of old food. At the end of this transitioning process, you should be feeding 100% ACANA.
How much should I feed my puppy?
Your puppy is unique and their feeding requirements will vary with their environment, age and activity. That’s why we suggest starting with the guide on the bag, and then monitoring their weight and adjusting portions as needed.
- ACANA Puppy Small Breed is suitable for puppies weighing up to 9kg at maturity
- ACANA Puppy & Junior is for puppies that will weigh up to 30kg at maturity
- ACANA Puppy Large Breed is suitable for dogs weighing more than 30kg at maturity
If you have any further nutritional questions, please do get in touch with us at CustomerCare@BernPetFoods.co.uk or call 01737 767679.
Get 25% OFF your first bag of ACANA Puppy food with FREE DELIVERY (*Limited to 2kg, 6kg & 11.4kg bags, whilst stocks last)! Sign up to our mailing list to access your discount code: